- Everyone speaks English. So you can just speak English, right?
- What do Halloween, population growth, and other global issues have in common?
- The sun had still risen…
- Preparing students for the digital AND GLOBAL world
- Educational Success: Expectations are Key
- Where are you from? Third culture kids
- Race to Nowhere: Can we change the cultural definition of success?
- From the Icelandic Volcano to a World School
- Please, say “thank you.”
- How to give to disaster relief in Japan
- The U.S. must come out of its monocultural cocoon
- It’s Groundhog Day: recognizing cultural differences
- Fortune cookies: the relevance of education
- Hey, why did “they” do THAT to education?
- Want to join the 21st-century coffeehouse for optimizing education?
Tag Archives: education transformation
A year ago, we received daily reports about the effects of the horrible earthquake… not the ones in Christchurch or Sendai, but in Port-au-Prince. And then there was the eruption of the volcano in Iceland, which disrupted aviation for a … Continue reading
Today, my husband and I ate at a Chinese restaurant. Here are our fortunes. “The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.” Paulo Freire would certainly agree with that. He was a Brazilian educator who taught impoverished peasants … Continue reading
I’m a parent, a teacher, and business person. I’m not blaming anyone for the problems of education, but with budget cuts, state-mandated testing, technology, and globalization, education will soon change dramatically. If you care about that, let’s discuss how we … Continue reading
“Chance favors the connected mind.” —Steven Johnson This blog is about the upcoming convergence of technology and globalization with education. The blog’s purposes are: To inform, provide resources, answer questions. To let people from different constituencies (teachers, students, parents, educational technology … Continue reading
Usability is why we have smart phones instead of kludgy brick-like gizmos. Usability specialists are people who design the coolest products, that are simple to use, and everyone loves. Think iPod, IM, Wii, FB. Wanna see some cool stuff? http://www.ideo.com/work/ … Continue reading