This blog is for teachers, parents, students (at least 13 years old), usability specialists, and everyone who’s interested in improving the learning process.
We’re living in an interesting time: education must integrate technology and become global. (I’ll explain why I think so, and you can see whether you agree.) To do this best, I think we need to work together. Let’s share ideas!
Types of topics I want to focus on:
- How will we prepare students for the future?
- How does learning work?
- What motivates students (or not!)?
- How does education compare to other industries?
- Digital communication is the medium of literacy of our time
- What’s the difference between “adding” and “integrating” technology?
- Education doesn’t need reform, it needs a transformation
- What is education like, globally?
- “You can just speak English, right? Everyone speaks English.” (No, and not really.)
- Africa is the new Asia
- What can ESL, foreign language, and reading teachers learn from each other?
- What is usability? What do teaching ESL and usability have in common?
- What can usability specialists learn from teachers?
- What will education look like in the future? How can we ensure it’ll make sense?
- What great things are classroom teachers doing that can and should be made digital?
- Teachers are creative! How can we create technology-based solutions?
I’ll list resources such as videos and books to provide more depth on some ideas.